ISLAND OF PORTLAND HERITAGE TRUST
CONDITIONS OF HIRE OF FACILITIES AT ST GEORGE’S CENTRE
(i) A license under the Theatres Act 1968, from the Chief Executive of W & P Borough Council, for any theatre production where there will be a seated audience
(ii) License to sell intoxicating liquor.
(iii) The Island of Portland Heritage Trust has annual cover with the Performing Rights Society for St. George’s Centre. Any function using music of any kind will be charged a small fee (currently £5) to off-
2. A £100 deposit per hall booked is required; this will be returned if items (i), (ii), (iii) (iv) below are adhered to. There is a £10 returnable deposit for each hall key
(i) The Hirer will be responsible for any damage to fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises, whether accidental or otherwise
(ii) The Hirer is responsible for the removal of all refuse at the conclusion of the booking, and for
leaving the premises clean and tidy in readiness for the next user.
(iii) No additions or alterations may be made to the premises or any fixtures, fittings or equipment.
(iv) No notice or decoration may be pinned, taped or stuck to any part of the premises other than on the notice boards provided without the permission of the Centre Manager.
3. No overnight parking is permitted on any part of the Centre property.
4. The Hirer may use the premises only during the times and for the purpose stated in the confirmation of Hiring.
5. The Hirer must ensure that all lights and electrical appliances (other than refrigerators) are switched off and that the premises are secured and locked before leaving, unless requested to do otherwise.
6. The Hirer will indemnify the Trustees of the Island of Portland Heritage Trust against all claims, costs,actions and demands arising out of the Hirer’s use of the premises.
7. The Hirer must ensure that the noise level on the premises (including entering and leaving) is kept to a minimum so as not to cause a nuisance to adjoining residents.
The premises must be vacated by 11.45 p.m.
8. The Hirer has the legal responsibility for food hygiene and food safety.
9. The St George’s Centre public liability insurance covers any injury to a third party as a result of a defect in the premises whereby we could be held to be negligent in some way. Hirers running activities should have their own public liability insurance, in case an accident occurs as a result of the activity that is not attributable to a defect in the property of the St George’s Centre.
10. St George’s Centre is a non-
11. The Hirer may terminate the hire agreement upon giving the Trustees representative (normally the Centre Manager) not less than seven days written notice. (Notice to include the day of hiring but not the day of notice). If the Hirer fails to give such notice then the full hiring charge will be payable prior to the date of the proposed hiring, notwithstanding the fact that the Hirer does not use the premises.
12. The maximum numbers allowed in each hall (as per fire & insurance regulations) are as follows:
Girt Hall -
Community Hall -
Skylark Studio -
Note these are all maximum numbers and you should inspect to ensure suitability of room for your needs
ALL ENQUIRIES AND CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:-
THE MANAGER, ST GEORGE’S CENTRE, REFORNE, PORTLAND, DORSET, DT5 2AN
30th November 2009