Back to Homepage
The History of Launch Pad
To keep the size of the .ZIP file down, I left a history file out. However, for those of you who are really interested, I've made this page specially!
- v2.00F released on 14/06/1997
- v2.01F released on 18/06/1997
- Changed the way Launch Pad names the programs it launches to make sure that the names are more like those seen if the program is launched from the System screen.
- v2.10F released on 18/07/1997
- Added a new preference to allow the user to control what text is displayed at the top of the main screen. This is mainly to accomodate the ability to show which .LPD file is currently in use.
- Launch Pad now detects if the file which you are trying to open/launch is already in use. If it is, then several actions can be taken (governable via "Set preferences"). This prevents the error people used to get when launching an already open file.
- Slightly revised the help file.
- There was also something else but (as usual with me!) I can't remember it. I really must make notes as I change things in the next version...
- v2.12F released on 24/12/1997
- Changed the way Launch Pad checks for key presses when both in the foreground and background, which has eliminated the minor memory leaks it suffered previously when you switched to/from it frequently.
- Fixed problems which occured when CAPS lock was on with help detection from menus/dialogs
- Added the preference to make the ESC key exit Launch Pad (or switch it to the background or just do nothing like before).
- v2.15F released on 07/10/1998
- Some minor background changes which have gradually built up over the past months since the release of v2.12F
- Fixed a couple of bugs which meant Launch Pad wouldn't work on the Series 3mx, and added more reliable code which now determines exactly what machine Launch Pad was running on (prior versions just knew it was either a Siena or 3a/3c!)
- Some help file and documentation tweaks
Back to Homepage