Back to Homepage
The History of SysBack for EPOC
To keep the size of the .ZIP file down, I left the history section out of the readme. However, for those of you who are really interested, I've made this page specially!
- v1.00F released on 25/05/1998
- v1.10F (Build 0294) released on 30/05/1998
- Added the ability to set the remote link speed and type
- Added the ability to set the Home city
- Added full support for German machines
- Made some 'hidden' improvments which will allow future versions to support other languages more easily - all I need is for people with these other language-based EPOC machines to drop me a short e-mail with some keypresses (see the SysBack page for more details).
- v1.15F (Build 0316) released on 06/06/1998
- Added full support for French machines
- v1.16F (Build 0320) released on 09/06/1998
- Included the file Sysram1.opx in the distribution, which had been previously left out by mistake
- v2.00F (Build 0537) released on 09/11/1998
- Made into an APP file which runs from Extras
- Overhauled the code to make SysBack use language resource files. v2.00 initially shipped in the languages of UK and US English, French, German, Dutch and Italian!
- As well as working in these languages, SysBack now also works on Danish machines (but there is no Danish language resource).
- Tidied up some of the dialogs, including adding a nice new About screen. Very pretty, but not really a feature :-)
- v2.01F (Build 0569) released on 27/02/1999
The original v2.01F (Build 0569) was followed on 30/04/1999 by a slightly newer build (0577) with some documentation and other very minor changes.
- Some fixes to the non-English resource files
- Added new entries to the Version details dialog box to indicate the version and build of the currently loaded resource file, and more importantly to indicate the author of that resource so that my excellent translators get proper credit!
- v2.02F (Build 0579) released on 25/06/1999
- Fixed the SysBack.sis file so that it now leaves behind the correctly sized (i.e. <1KB) 'stub' file in \System\Install\ after installation
- Included SysRAM1.sis inside the main SysBack.sis file, following Symbian's recommendations
- v2.03F (Build 0581) released on 20/07/1999
- Fixed a problem SysBack not working correctly on German 5mx machines
- v2.10F (Build 0707) released on 08/02/2000
- Revo support
- Series 7/netBook support
- Osaris support
- Japanese language support, thanks to a unique collaboration with Enfour
- SysBack now has the ability to run as a macro when you use: RunApp&:("Opl","NO_SETUP","R?:\System\Apps\SysBack\SysBack.app",0) where ? is the location of SysBack.app
Back to Homepage